Rural Public Safety
DUI in a rural area
Critical care in remote areas
Accidents involving teen drinking in rural areas have matched or exceeded those in urban areas for about 20 years now. And the difficulties in responding and providing critical care can be hampered by communications gaps.
How can FirstNet help?
- Give rural police and fire dependable access to high-speed data when needed most.
- Offer advanced technology that will allow rural public safety agencies to:
- Communicate critical injuries to local hospitals quickly
- Provide digital images to the emergency room
- Continue vital communication while in transit
- Help improve survival rates not only among teen drivers, but many others involved in life-threatening accidents.