FirstNet understands and is ready to support the needs of FirstNet's public safety customers.
FirstNet is committed to maintaining a strong and collaborative consultation process with public safety throughout the lifecycle of the network. This process allows FirstNet to continually share information with the public safety community to best understand their needs, to communicate about new products and services, to understand the users' experience with the network, and to identify any gaps or areas for improvement.
This ongoing process is further supported by the (first-of-its-kind) FirstNet Customer Service Centers which provide a specialized and differentiated customer service experience specifically for FirstNet subscribers. FirstNet Customer Service will provide public safety agencies with dedicated, U.S.-based, 24x7x365 customer service support to accommodate the 24-hour mission of public safety, including:
- Dedicated FirstNet Customer Service toll free number (1-800-574-7000) with emergency prompting and routing available during a crisis situation.
- Chat functionality embedded within the FirstNet Online Portal experience, including the Public Safety Home Page site, user credential management, and online ordering and billing portals.
- FirstNet Customer Service email for offline support and online ticketing option (when enabled) for submitting support requests via web form.
- Public safety-centered user experience.
- Technical, billing, and ordering support for all user types, including end users, administrators, telecommunication managers, incident commanders, helpdesk professionals, etc.
In addition to FirstNet-specific training, the FirstNet Customer Service teams have a long history of supporting public safety accounts, and are also receiving training from their local first responder agencies to learn more about the situations first responders encounter on a day-to-day basis. Through these experiences, the Customer Service teams understand the importance of the public safety mission, and are ready to quickly address questions and help resolve issues.